The 1U Unity Gain Mixer adds input signals together and combines them for a summed output. For example, if you put in a 1V source and a 3V source, the output will be 4V. It's mainly used for CV, but it can be used to combine audio signals together.
A unity gain mixer is handy in several ways:
- Combining gates and triggers. Plug a few sequencer steps into the unity gain inputs, then run the output to a drum synth, VCA, envelope, etc.
- Re-shaping two CV sources with a single envelope
- Combining different wave shapes or LFOs to make crazy sounds.
- Controlling the CV of one source with the CV of another source. Just plug the CV out of a sequencer into and an expression pedal/touchable CV out into the unity gain inputs.
- 2 channels, 4 inputs per channel
- Mixes both AC signals (audio) and DC signals (gates, triggers, CV)
- Input signals are not boosted or cut
- Sum of inputs is the total output
- Channel A is not normalled to Channel B
- Polarity protected
- Current draw:
- 18 mA +12V
- 18 mA -12V
- 0 mA 5V
- Depth: 32 mm
- Width: 20HP
Please note: Synthrotek's 1U products do not fit in Vermona or Intellijel cases.