Synthrotek's original Mean Screamer Pedal goes way beyond a typical tube screamer clone with a couple of great mods. We are using an original 4558 OP-AMP IC to give it that beautiful classic boost.
- The Brown tone mod adds EXTRA BEEF and Chunk!
- High End Boost Mod - Adds extra high end that sticks out in solos, etc.
- No Pop - a former version of the Mean Screamer had a loud pop when the foot switch was pressed; no longer!
- Designed to fit perfectly in an included pre-drilled 1590B case
- All onboard components allow you to build this WIRE FREE
- Reverse polarity protection: if you plug in a center positive adapter, you won't fry the circuit
- Comes with an unpainted aluminum case; pedal graphic not included
- Takes a standard BOSS style 9V Center Negative AC Adapter with a 2.1mm barrel (not included)
We also have a Wired version of this kit HERE.
Why have two different versions? The PCB-mount and wired versions of the kit use the same circuit and sound the same.
The PCB-mount version:
- takes less time for an experienced builder;
- fits in a smaller case and takes up less room on a pedal board.
The wired version:
- is easier to repair and solder and is recommended for new builders;
- can be used in a custom case;
- uses metal audio jacks instead of plastic.