Here is our Atari Punk Console in Eurorack form! Originally designed by DIY electronics guru Forrest Mims III as the ìStepped Tone Generator, the Atari Punk Console is one of the most famous and recognizable Lo-Fi synth circuits ever. Using a single 556 dual timer IC with minimal part count, the Atari Punk Console circuit is a solid, time-tested noise generator capable of outrageous square wave madness!
- Low part count = easy build for beginners!
- Control Voltage (CV) input allows step sequencers and waveform generators to expand the sonic capabilities of the Atari Punk Console from drone to arpeggio-like dynamism. Use any variable voltage source from 0-Supply Voltage for some glitchy goodness! The APC modular version has two CV inputs that modulate the two square wave internal oscillators.
- Powered by Doepfer style 16-pin header connection +12V
- Power Draw: +/-20mA
- Frac power is available on the circuit board; can be added with a molex connector (not included)
- 2 potentiometers control Pulse Width and Frequency and contour the tone
- 4 HP
- 1.304" deep
- Comes with power cable, 3mm and 2.5mm screws