Please note: This listing only includes the PCB, panel and programmed ICs. You will need to source the rest of the parts yourself. Please see the Bill of Materials links below to find out which other parts you will need.
This module gives you two handy little sequencers behind one Eurorack panel. Why would you need more than one sequencer? Why would you need mini sequencers?
- More sequencers = more steps
- Use one for playing notes and the other for transposing those notes
- Can be used as a clock divider
- Run in parallel for multiple CVs / triggers
- Each one gives you the standard CV and gate out. The Accent out sends a gate on any chosen step, which you can use to open up a filter, enable a glide, trigger a drum, or whatever you can think of.
The two sequencers will run completely independently, or you can daisy-chain them using the XP IN/OUT jacks to create sequences of any length.
Each sequencer has its own internal clock to get you up and running in a hurry, but you can connect an external clock if you need greater control of tempo or want to sync with other devices.
The module stores your latest sequence even when the power has been removed.
While this kit is designed to give you a Eurorack module, the PCB patterns for the jacks also have holes that will accept Johnson/Cinch-style banana jacks. There are also standoff holes on the main PCB, so you can mount them behind your own custom panel.
This module has lots of LEDs and is very shiny, but only two of them are ever on at a time which keeps it from loading down your power supply.
Now shipping version 2! Here are some of the new features you have to look forward to:
- 7 sequence memories
- 5 song memories (string sequences together)
- SLUR- change pitch between steps without firing gate
- Variable gate timing (including ratcheting)
- ACC can be set to drop or not drop between steps, or follow gate timing for that step
- Auto-advance step when programming
- Live transpose (use the keyboard to shift entire sequence up or down while running)
- Live edit (buttons you push while running get saved to the sequence)
- 1X mode (disable to use XP IN as a reset without requiring an external gate mixer)
- Clock out (use ACC out jack to output clock if using internal clock)
- CLK IN (External clock input)
- XP IN (Expansion input; Starts sequencer back at step 1. Use for daisy-chaining multiple units.)
- XP OUT (Sends pulse when sequencer goes past last step. Use for daisy-chaining multiple units.)
- CV OUT
- GATE OUT
- ACC (accent) OUT (Can be programmed on or off in each sequence step)
Here's a video of the Mini Sequesizer, which is half Dual Mini Sequencer
- CV OUT covers 5 octaves, and can be tuned using front-accessible trim pot
- Sequences can be set to any length up to 16 steps by using LOOP feature
- Setting a step to REST holds previous pitch and doesn't fire GATE
- In Standby mode, sequencer can be used as a tiny keyboard without altering programmed sequences
- Daisy-chain the sequence into INFINITY
- Power supply: +/-12VDC (reverse-polarity protected!)
- Power supply (optional): +/-15VDC
- Current draw: 30ma(+12V) / 0ma(-12V) / 0ma (+5)
- Width: 18HP
- Depth: 0.83in / 21mm
and half Dual Mini Synthesizer: